Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend Wear

I'm pretty sure that everyone with a Monday-Friday work week loves weekends. I don't care how great your job is; I don't understand you if you don't look forward to Saturday and Sunday. I'm a big fan of those days because that's when I get a chance to catch up on the work that piles up around in the house (yes laundry, I'm talking to you) all week. On Saturday morning, or even Friday night depending on how much of a nerd I want to be, I create a list of things to accomplish over the weekend. I'd probably do the things anyways, but crossing things off in pen is a good feeling. The first thing I got to cross off was a tattoo-touch up. That's right. I wear lace and I have at least one tattoo. You don't know what to expect from me anymore, do ya? Anyway, if you have any ink you know the pain of a tattoo. Now double that pain and you've got a tattoo touch-up kind of pain. I mean OUCH! Somebody should have warned me that a wrist tattoo would need a second layer and that the second layer would feel like a tiny needle tearing through my newly healed skin. I know I shouldn't have been surprised by this since that's pretty much what happens.
So that was Friday night. Saturday night, the evening I wore this outfit, I went out with Dan and some friends. My weekend looks range anywhere from the casual mix you can see above to my favorite black jumpsuit and heels. Basically I wear whatever level of dressiness I feel like and then beg Dan to not out-dress me. It usually works. The reason I was feeling so casual this particular evening was because I went a little crazy earlier that afternoon. I love organizing and DIY projects, but most of all I love when those two things combine. If I were a superhero, those would be my powers. Unfortunately, my tragic flaw is the fact that once I start something, I want to finish that same day. You can imagine how this gets in the way with things like sewing my own dresses or crocheting a blanket. I work until my fingers bleed and my eyes go blind and then I get frustrated and quit to never touch it again. Saturday's project was an app called Stylebook. I'll be writing a review once I get a chance to actually use it, but the premise is that this app allows you to have a virtual version of your own closet (yes, just like in Clueless) so that you can plan outfits and remember if you have a similar top when you're shopping. I bought the app and then couldn't wait to see how it worked, so I started taking pictures of top, after top, after top, until I was about 4 hours in and my neck was killing me from looking down. Do not try to take pictures of your entire wardrobe unless you're a minimalist. I still have at least 4 more hours left of this project, but I've decided I might actually need to pace myself. Wish me luck!
Be sure to check back for my honest and thorough review of Stylebook, and comment below if you use the app yourself!

12 comments:

  1. nice look you are very beautiful!
    Isidora http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words!! 😊

      Delete
  2. That top is so cute with the lace sleeves! I could see myself wearing this whole look!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with the top the second I saw it. Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. I love your top, this is such a chic look! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed what I saw on your blog. I'll definitely be back! :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful look! Love the top! :)
    http://priscillaeliodoro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! It's from Tjmaxx :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love a good comfortable look that's still cute :)

      Delete
  6. Stephanie! :) I LOVE your writing style, it's cute, detailed, funny and easy to relate to!! Can't believe I haven't read a post until today! You're awesome girly, loooove this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Tiffany!! That's so great to hear. I really appreciate you taking the time to say that! :)

      Delete