Thursday, April 23, 2015

It Started with a Question

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


This outfit began with a question: I wonder what would happen if I put my highlighter skirt with my new favorite shirt? The answer is that they'd be best friends forever. This outfit takes a bright "look at me" skirt and tells it to calm down a bit. If I could live in this shirt, I would. It's so comfortable! I really like this outfit because it looks like I tried a little. I need that balance sometimes so that my "I woke up like this" hair and lack of make-up don't cause my students to tell me how tired I look. Does this outfit look like something a tired person would wear? Didn't think so.

This outfit is made of pieces I've worn before here and here. Follow those links to shop the look!

As you may have noticed, I'm not a model and Dan isn't a professional photographer, but we've been trying to learn more. Today I did a bit of research on how to take backlit photos and how to edit fashion photography to make clothes pop. This article was incredibly helpful, so instead of our normal "let me face the sun and try to smile instead of squint" look, we tried to take photos into the sun, but with the sun hidden by trees. Then I downloaded Picasa so that I can edit the raw images we take before converting them to a JPG. I would absolutely love your feedback and tips if you have an interest in photography.

Mix & Match Fashion

6 comments:

  1. That skirt is such a fun color! Learning new photography tips is great! I know I'm always trying to get better and as I've been told the more you practice the better you get.
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your photos are always so perfect! That's my goal: consistently good photos of what I wear. When I can still get decent pictures of clothes on a cloudy day I'll know I've made it lol.
      Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  2. They are a perfect pair - and I'm just so loving the bright yellow eyelet skirt - it's going to be the stand out piece of the spring and summer!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree with you, bright colors are here to stay and I'm okay with that haha.

      Delete
  3. Stunning skirt! I found your blog through The Penniless Socialite. I host a link up every Wednesday (still live) so stop by if you get a chance :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I will definitely be joining your link up this week. Thank you for the invitation! :)

      Delete