Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Highlighter Skirt

This skirt from Loft is delightful for a number of reasons.
Reason 1: it is bright yellow.
Reason 2: it is a work-appropriate length.
Reason 3: it has pockets! (this gets an exclamation point because pockets are the best.)
When I first bought this skirt, I played it safe and wore it with a white blouse. That was fine, but then I was like, what am I doing? A skirt of this color deserves to be mixed with a floral shirt. A trip to Express made that dream a reality.
Since I'm really into making lists, let me add another. Here are three things going on that you might not see from the pictures.
1. I'm really hungry in these pictures. I went from work, to the gym, to home, to photos without any food. I may look pleasant, but I'm a little hangry.
2. Speaking of the gym, I had just done legs. The pictures may not show it, but I could barely walk.
3. After three days of clouds, the sun came through. In 95% of the pictures we took, I was making a weird squinty face into the sun. I'm showing you the top 5%, and even then you can probably detect a bit of a funny face. Enjoy that.

5 comments:

  1. That is a really gorgeous skirt, and it's perfect with the floral!
    Love your hair, the braid is so pretty - and next time the sun is out, try taking photos with your back to it - no more squinty eyes ;)
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My husband called my braid a headband made of hair lol. We actually tried to take photos with the light behind me, but we aren't quite that skilled with a camera yet haha. Maybe soon! Thank you for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this combo! I really love yellow, but I don't think I've ever actually owned anything yellow. And you did a really good job hiding your hangriness, you look so radiant! hehe.

    The Blissful Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unless I'm forgetting an item, this is the only yellow I own. lol thanks, I'm smiling in the pictures because I'm excited to go home and eat dinner. :)

      Delete
  3. Your hairstyle is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete