Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The One That (Almost) Got Away

When I worked at Loft many moons ago, I saw this perfect, colorful, striped dress. Although it was adorable and needed to be in my closet, I talked myself out of buying it because I have such a huge collection of striped clothes. Seriously. Just watch for it. Anyway, a couple of weeks later I saw a girl wearing my perfect dress and was filled with regret. How could I have passed up such a great dress? Then, that same week, a miracle happened. I walked into work and in the return rack was the dress. Could it be true? Was I getting a second chance? I checked the size and YES, it was for me! I immediately bought the dress and we've been living happily ever after.
Now, you may be looking at the photos and thinking, "what dress is this chick talking about? that's a skirt." Tricked ya! That's actually my Loft dress with a Forever21 shirt put on backwards and tied. I love layering thin shirts over sundresses to create a whole new look, and wearing them backwards creates a nice boxy shape. Granted, the sides pucker out in a strange way, but nothing a denim jacket from Old Navy can't hide.
What tips and tricks do you use when remixing items? I'd love to hear about it in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment