Friday, April 10, 2015

Denim Vest Love

I love layering pieces; nothing adds a finishing touch like a nice blazer or sweater. The only problem is that in Florida we have about two months when outer layers are comfortable, and ten months when adding a jacket is like a DIY sauna. Enter, the denim vest. A cute denim vest is the tropical answer to the layering equation. This vest is from Target which makes it affordable as well as cute. I'm so excited to throw it on with dresses, rompers, skirts, and pretty much everything else in my closet.
At the beginning of this blog, all 8 posts ago, Dan and I were doing a really good job of heading out with plenty of time left before the sunset. We've been aiming for that "golden hour" when light is warm and gentle. Last night though, when we took these photos (I really am wearing this outfit today though btw), we didn't get going on time. We ended up in Safety Harbor, a tiny town pretty close to us, with about a half hour of decent lighting and no idea where to shoot. After taking a few test photos on sidewalks and in front of random buildings, we ended up in a parking lot across from a very crowded restaurant. I'm happy to announce that I'm becoming a little less shy about this whole "yup. I'm posing in front of a camera; carry on with your lives" thing! I think this is the first time we've done a shoot in a less-than-secluded area, and I didn't let the fear drive me away. Alright!

2 comments:

  1. you are so beautiful...

    XOXO,

    www.fashionerza.com

    I can rock any outfits, come follow my online diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! =) I'll definitely check out your website!

    ReplyDelete