Monday, August 3, 2015

Midnight Florals Jumpsuit

I heard a joke today that for teachers, August is an endless Sunday night. The dread has set in, but so has excitement! I love the anticipation of wondering what my new students will be like. I look forward to teaching the same thing I taught last year (for the first time ever in my three years of teaching!) and seeing what improves with practice. To be honest, I'm even looking forward to having a consistent schedule every day because I know I get more done without the option of sleeping in.

This last week of summer has delivered endless rain so far. I really do mean endless. That cute little pond behind me? It's normally not there. We were able to catch about ten minutes of light drizzles before it started pouring again.

To me, rain means several things. It's hard to get photo, not worth straightening my hair, and only flats are happening. But when I found this jumpsuit online for over 75% off the original price, I knew I had to share. I've had my eye on this jumpsuit for two months, but I simply can't afford J Crew at full price. When I saw it go on sale, I jumped online immediately and, to my despair, only one was left and it was several sizes too big. For some reason, the next day, I thought why not double check? Clothes do get returned after all. And there it was. One more size was available and it was mine! I absolutely love this jumpsuit. I intend to throw on a blazer with it and wear it to my teacher training days which begin next week.

If you're a teacher, or just fascinated by our glamorous lives, check back often this month as I'll be featuring quite a few teacher themed posts!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this look! It screams casual, chic summer. Especially that braid- its perfect for that inevitably humid weather.

    My lead teacher, who is like 61, wears super fresh jumpsuits like this one with cardigans like all the time and its surprisingly so cool! Until its time for the 30 second bathroom breaks when you have to quickly strip down!

    Love it!

    Kate
    kateintheclassroom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! That's awesome! I've considered jumpsuits for work before, with a blazer or cardigan of course, but my students last year would have been totally distracted by it lol. Maybe this year's group will be able to handle it!
      You do make a good point with restroom trips though...that adds a level of difficulty lol!

      Delete
  2. That jumpsuit is perfect! How great that it came back in your size! I looove your hair like that. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was soooooo excited to see it available again! Meant to be. And thank you again! Braids are the only way to go with humidity at 100% lol.

      Delete