Friday, August 21, 2015

Teacher Foundation Wardrobe: Day 4

Yesterday was 6th grade open house at our school, and let me just say, I have some adorable kiddos this year! Now I know what you're thinking, "um don't you teach 8th grade?" and the answer is yes! But I also teach one elective for gifted children that includes all three middle school grades. Although I'm not sure I could handle all 6th grade all the time, I do love their energy and cuteness for one class.

This week has been dragging by and ending too quickly all at once. I can hardly believe I see students on Monday! Even though this is my fourth "first day" it doesn't feel any less stressful. I feel like I can barely keep up with my list of things to do at work, and so naturally my list at home is suffering. The floors need to be swept, there are always dishes in the sink even though I wash them first thing every morning, and I don't remember the last time our bed was made. Am I the only working wife out there who feels like a failure when these things go undone? I'd like to say I was past that point, but I'm really not. I know that once I'm back into a schedule, things will get better, but for right now I'm just a tired, stressed out person who is trying desperately not to ruin all the cutting back on caffeine progress I made over the summer. And that's why this capsule is so important. Can you even imagine if I didn't have these staple pieces waiting to be easy outfits? I'd be doomed! And yes, those are the same pants two days in a row. Don't judge me.

This outfit is the perfect Friday look. It's so simple, so easy, and very comfortable. I love heels, but I definitely grabbed a pair of flats to change into when my feet start hurting halfway through the day. Whenever I wear black on black, I imagine I'm channeling Audrey Hepburn, even though I don't have the honor of looking anything like her. It's all in the self-perception, right?

Shop my Look: Pants / Loft Top Last Season / Loft sweater past season / Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment