Friday, August 14, 2015

Keep it Simple

Now that I'm back in the Monday-Friday workforce, it's time to celebrate every weekend and cheer for every Friday. I'm surprisingly exhausted from sitting in trainings for the past few days, so it's nice to have simple options for clothes, like my favorite Loft jeans and this adorable top. It's so comfortable and easy, so I'm excited by how smoothly it will transition into work-wear by pairing it with some dress pants. In the interest of simplifying my life this fall, I got my hair cut! I've been toying with the idea of getting a lob for awhile, and with all the pictures of perfectly messy, wavy lobs on Pinterest, I decided to go for it. My natural hair is wavy with random curls, so not needing to straighten my hair every day will be so much easier as the school year begins. Now that I'm not fighting nature anymore, it turns out I need a little help! I'm on the hunt for some new hair products to help control and shape this new style. Here's what I've used so far:

Curl Defining Cream by Living Proof - This one is currently my favorite because it smells so good. The product has medium control when scrunched into damp hair. It does a pretty good job of taming frizz, but doesn't really boost my curls. I will probably combine it with a mousse and be happy.

Miss Jessie's Pillow-Soft Curls - I bought this product because I know people who use it, but it's simply not for me. This product offers no control as it only seems to soften curls, not shape them. It's probably really good for people with more consistent curls who want extra conditioning.

Redken Curvaceous Ringlet Perfecting Lotion - This product could work wonders and I still couldn't stick with it because of the strong smell. It's also a tiny bit too sticky, similar to a gel. I believe this product would be best for someone with very thick hair looking for a little something to weigh it down. That's not me.

Let me know what you think and if you have any advice on styling my new lob. And most important of all, HAPPY WEEKEND!

Shop my Look: Top (Loft) / Denim (Loft) / Heels (Maripe) / Bag (Michael Kors)

No comments:

Post a Comment