Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Teacher Foundation Wardrobe: Day 6 (and 7)

Around seven o'clock last night, I realized I had forgotten to do something fairly important: a blog post! I was so exhausted from day 1 of classes and so anxious for day 2 that I completely forgot to plan a post. So hopefully you don't mind me rolling out two outfits in one day!

The top outfit is a fun take on a couple classic pieces. There is nothing more essential than a black pencil skirt and a chambray shirt. To make the look more unique, I like to tie my shirt in a front knot and add a statement necklace. With those two little changes, this look goes from completely straight-laced, to something with personality. Basics made not so basic.

Look number two speaks for itself. A simple shirt and colored pants made an outfit with an easy front tuck. I truly believe that all it takes is a front tuck here or a knotted shirt there to add personal style to really foundational pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment