Monday, July 27, 2015

Pretty Things

If you follow my blog on a regular basis (in which case, thank you) you may have noticed I've been off the grid for a week. This is mainly because I had to have a biopsy on my foot and it has been too painful to do a lot of standing/walking and also partly because Dan and I were traveling for a wedding we were both in. Oh, it sounds like those two things wouldn't mix well? You are not wrong. But now my foot is on the mend and my brother is married, so all is well.

I decided to make a comeback with a post I've been considering for awhile now. One of the things I love most about Pinterest is the multitude of storage ideas it brings. I absolutely love displaying pretty things whether it's accessories, lipsticks, or even cute little samples. These four ideas are a mix of Pinterest inspiration and my own ideas.


1) Jewelry Cup
A couple of years ago I was garage saleing with a friend and I spotted this gorgeous blue colored glass goblet. Besides the word goblet making me think of Harry Potter, I loved it because of how pretty light looks coming through. Since there was only one and not a set, I put it in my room instead of my kitchen and over the weeks it just started being a collection place for chunky necklaces.

2) Samples in a Jar
These jars from Michaels have always been handy for cotton balls and Q-tips, but only recently did I discover they do a great job displaying samples. I subscribe to Birchbox, and although the adorable boxes are useful, I don't like to leave the samples in there. Out of sight, out of mind is way too true with me, and I end up forgetting what I have to sample. By having a little jar of products on my vanity, I never forget to try the latest BB cream.

3) Lipstick Tray
For the same reason I mentioned above, I hate throwing lipstick in a bag. I also just happen to think they look cute displayed on a tiny crystal saucer.

4) Scarves in a Vase
First off, I'd like to assure you I say vase like "face" no matter what I put in them. I'm pretty sure that's a prerequisite for stuffing them with scarves. Not only does this add color to a space, but it's easy to remember what my scarves look like without having them tied on the end of every chair, bag, and clothing rack. Space saving and cute! Why not?


So now it's your turn. What is your favorite way to add cute little touches to a space while having practical value?

2 comments:

  1. I love the lipsticks on the tray! I bought two tiny "dip bowls" (I like dip too much to ever put it in a dish so small, but Target seems to think they're the right size) and I store my bracelets in one and stud earrings in the other. Actually, I bought three...not sure where the third one is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great options for some cute storage... The only cute storage I have is a basket in my closet for chunky sweaters and leather pants that can't be hung up, and a vintage silver jewelry box I found thrifting. I also drape my long necklaces over the side of my mirror, which I guess is storage, and is definitely pretty!

    Kate
    kateintheclassroom.com

    ReplyDelete