Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Styling Silk Pants

Let's talk pros and cons of silk pants for a minute. Pro: they're adorable. Con: they wrinkle the second you walk. Pro: they're as comfortable as pj's. Con: when you attempt to front tuck, the shirt slips out when you sit down and you don't notice. As you can see from above, the entire list is scientific and proven. Please pretend that the front of my tank is casually tucked into the pants, displaying the faux zipper flap that makes the pants look less like pajama pants.

Just like the jumpsuit from my last post, these pants are also from the J. Crew sale and were on my watch list for a very long time. Today I decided to see what they'd look like dressed up, so I added heels, a blazer, and a simple sophisticated necklace. But I also believe these pants could be dressed down. It's a tricky line to walk, the line of frumpy or cute, but I believe these pants can do it if accessories are played right.

Have you worn silk pants before? If so, what are your styling tips?

1 comment:

  1. Love the color and print on those pants! I also love them paired with those white heels!

    ReplyDelete