Friday, August 28, 2015

Teacher Foundation Wardrobe: Day 9

Every now and then, a remixed look comes together and it makes you wonder how on earth you had never put those items together before! I'm so glad I decided to put this sequinned top in my capsule because up until now, I always thought it was more of a weekend with jeans type of look. Now I'm seeing that sequins can actually look quite professional when paired with classically serious pieces. It's hard to pick a hero here. Is it the necklace? The shoes maybe? I feel like if you were to take away any part of this outfit, it wouldn't have the same effect.

People, it's time for a happy dance. Today is Friday which means we all survived the first week of school! I've had coworkers conversationally ask, "any plans for the weekend?" and I'm just thinking, "yeah, I'm going to sleep." It makes me grin to think about not having an alarm wake me up tomorrow. I could sleep until 8 or 9 and not have that weird moment of wondering why an annoying sound is interrupting my dreams before remembering summer is over. But if I'm being honest, I do have other things to accomplish other than sleeping. I'd like to get outside! It's weird, but being inside all day again really makes me miss mornings. It's August, so unless you get outside early or late, there's no point in facing the 100 degree weather in between. Florida people, testify. So although sleep sounds good, waking up for a morning walk would be nice too. No matter what I end up doing, I want to relax with Dan. We've both been going a hundred miles an hour all week, so I can't wait to slow down and enjoy time with him. I know he's looking forward to it too.

3 comments:

  1. Do you really wear heels to work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And then I promptly kick them off and teach barefoot (or in flats if I remember my emergency car pair) lol.

      Delete