Thursday, August 13, 2015

Taking Flight

Even though it's a million degrees outside, being back in school makes me feel like it should be fall. Luckily, school training sites tend to be kept at frigid temperatures to keep people from dozing off, so my desire to wear layers hasn't caused me a heat stroke yet. Besides, it's almost worth it to be able to wear new clothes, right? This flight jacket is a style I've been wanting in my closet for some time, and since I'm finally starting to sell clothes on Poshmark (@shopccr) I figured it was okay to treat myself. There's something so effortless about a boxy jacket that I feel it can go over anything. And because mixing feminine and masculine styles is so adorable, I'll be wearing this over a lace dress next.

I know it has been awhile since I told you guys about my Stylebook App experience, and I think it's time for an update! I'm proud to say that I finally have all of my clothes logged in my app. I found Stylebook useful before, but it turns out I had no idea! Having every item from my real closet in my virtual closet has helped me start to mixing more items I own. I find this especially easy if I pick an item, say a blouse, and then create five new outfits with that piece. The outfit you see above was actually matched up on Stylebook before I put it together in person. To do what Stylebook does without using the app creates a mess as you take clothes in and out of your closet, so it's easy to get frustrated and give up. With Stylebook, I can make outfits without getting out of bed in the morning, or when I'm at a very long red light...or at school trainings (don't tell on me!). I've even started putting outfits I've worn on a calender to track how often I use certain items. In short, Stylebook is a must-have for me. Yes, it does take awhile to get all your clothes uploaded, but it's actually pretty painless if you follow their tips (such as using a contrasting background). If you use Stylebook, I'd love to hear your opinions on it. And if you have any questions, ask away.

Shop the Look: Jacket (Loft) / Pants (Loft) / Top (Loft) / Shoes (Target) /

No comments:

Post a Comment