Monday, August 31, 2015

Teacher Foundation Wardrobe: Day 10

Here we are at the end of August and the end of an era. And by era I of course mean the Teacher Foundation Wardrobe. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have! Throughout this process, I learned the value of basics and how a little creativity can save a lot of trouble searching for what to wear. This capsule demonstrates an essential clothing principle: if it's remixable, it's a staple. Who would have thought that a sequinned shirt could count as a versatile piece of clothing? I certainly didn't. But once I was able to see it away from my stuffed closet, next to only a few other pieces, I realized that it goes with a lot! The same is true of my wine colored pants. Although they're a color (not just black, white, or gray), they count as a neutral because they look good with just about any color.

This mini capsule experiment was so much fun that I'll probably repeat the process in spring with brighter colors. If you'd like to try your hand at making a foundation wardrobe I would love to hear how it goes. If you need more inspiration before trying it for yourself, then make sure you continue to follow Kate in the Classroom since she lives the capsule life 24/7!

Here's a look at Kate's entire Teacher Foundation Wardrobe. So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment