Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wear it Again Wednesday!

I don't know about you, but I can't afford to wear something only once. I'm not a "fashion" blogger who is being thrown free clothing on the daily (that happens, right?), so I have to represent my personal style with the ability to take pieces and suit them to different needs and styles. I've known this, and I'm sure you have too, but I'd like to become more intentional by starting *drumroll* Wear it Again Wednesday! Each week I'll be highlighting what pieces I've worn before and explaining how I decided to mix them in a new outfit. My goal is to inspire you to think of your own wardrobe differently. It's easy to get into a rut in how we see an item, believing it can only be worn to work or with a certain complementary piece, so let's work together to break free and wear things however the heck we want to.

Want to get involved? Send me pictures of items you'd like to wear in multiple ways and I'll give you suggestions and where to purchase those pieces when you love a look.

Now, to the outfit at hand. You might be looking at this and thinking, "mid-week jeans? I thought she was a teacher." Well folks, I am, but today is a glorious day: TDE. For my non-teacher friends, TDE stands for temporary duty elsewhere, which is a fancy way of saying that I'm at training all day with other teachers. TDE is an excuse to wear jeans, flip flops, and t-shirts, but for me it's a reason to wear my new heels. Think about it. On a typical day of work I'm on my feet for hours on end, whereas at training I sit around the entire day with an occasional trip to the restroom. That's minimal walking and minimal wear on my shoes. Speaking of shoes...these bad boys are brand new and I'm terrified to get them dirty! All white clothes make me nervous. I was a wreck on my wedding day! I drink A LOT of coffee you guys, and coffee stains. But despite the color induced stress, these shoes are probably the most comfortable heels I own. There was no breaking in period with these babies, the second I slipped them on I knew I would be able to wear them all day. Who knew a heel could be like that? Not me. I'm going to link to the shoe below by linking to another blog. Blogger Kendi from KendiEveryday has a deal with Nordstrom, so if you'd like to buy the shoes, why not give her the credit? These shoes are true to size (and on sale!) so what is there to lose? Not a thing.

Now that I've rambled for a decent bit, let's get to the point. Last time I wore this shirt, I wore it with red pants and a denim vest. That look was very weekend-casual and not work appropriate at all. I decided to dress up the tee by mixing it with dark wash jeans and my favorite thrifted blazer. Last time you saw the blazer it was layering a black romper. The great thing about a bright blazer is that it pairs well with anything. It tones down patterns, adds modesty to short dresses or rompers, and takes a t-shirt from lounge-around-wear to casual-work appropriate. Three cheers for blazers!

Now it's your turn! What pieces would you like to mix? Leave me a comment below and let's get to work.

See the shoes/Buy the shoes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment