Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pink and Triangles

Since becoming a teacher, I've become a huge fan of ankle length or very slightly cropped pants. Even though they're only a few inches shorter than other pants, they don't get as hot as normal length, and they feel younger than trousers or bootcut dress pants (that's a personal preference; I know they all can look great). So when Loft released their Riviera Pants in this amazing print, I had to snatch them up. They come in the Marisa fit or the Julie. The difference between the two really comes down to your waist to hip ratio. If you have more of a straight shape, then Marisa is your girl. If you have a smaller waist with bigger hips, which can often lead to a waist band gap, go for Julie. If you're not sure which you are, you now have a really good excuse to go to Loft. How are you supposed to go on without knowing?!?

Unlike some of the dressier ankle pants I have, this pair doesn't feel very formal and so transitioning it to a more fun, date night look was easy. I was once told by a co-worker that I should wear nothing but hot pink because it looks so good, so I figured that would be a fun place to start. I'm not sure why the color of the shirt is washed out in these photos, probably the lighting, but the top is actually a more vibrant, hot pink than the pictures show. Other colors are truly represented...strange. Anyways, I added my favorite necklace (the one I promised would go with every outfit...it does btw) and a leather wedge to keep it comfortable.

If you check out my Instagram, you can see these pants styled for work. I've also worn them with a coral blouse and all three looks are things I'd wear again.

[Ankle Pants: Loft / Top: Express / Necklace: Loft ]

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are Kenneth Cole Reaction from Marshalls or TJ Maxx last summer. I can't remember which store haha. I'm not sure if they're the same all over, but in Florida they're the best place to get great sandals at a reduced price.

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! I agree, those stores are both great for finding bargains.

      Delete
  2. Love your outfit!!! Gorgeous XO!
    #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/05/linkupwithlisa-16-happy-mothers-day-xo.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite length of pants for work too! Love your printed pair, and they look great with your pink tank. Thanks for visiting my blog! Love the name of yours. This is my life. :)

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love your style. My blog name is my morning routine haha. Sip coffee, pull clothes out of my closet, repeat until all my clothes are on the floor lol. =)

      Delete
  4. fun look. I like the pants from Loft too! They are a great option.
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Loft is awesome for casual work attire. :)

      Delete
  5. So cute! I'm in love with those pants and they are perfect with that pink top! Love!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles
    

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you--love the ankle length crops!! Love how you made them totally weekend appropriate though with that adorable pink top :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha high praise!! Thank you. Honestly, I had no idea how versatile the pants would be until I started wearing them. They go with so much! :)

      Delete