Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Tiffany McClure Series: Day 3

I am the epitome of teacher burnout right now. I'm wrapping up grading literary analysis essays for my English 1 Honors class, and it's a steady up and down of "Oh good! They actually learned something!" and "oh man! This kid's writing has gotten worse!" mixed in with "well...glad they half understand MLA format." Suffice it to say, I already have a list of things I'll change for next year's curriculum. That's one of the things I love about teaching. We get a fresh start every year to adapt and improve what we do.

These pictures are from a week and a half ago, before burnout had fully set in. Look at how happy and alive I am! *sigh* I miss that. But I know that in a week it will be summer and I will smile once more. *cue dramatic, soaring music*.

This outfit was a blast to shoot with Tiffany. She found this cool spot with a fountain and pretty rows of trees lining a sidewalk. Dan and I have trouble shooting in the direct sunlight during the day, so it was a learning experience to see how Tiffany adjusted and placed me in the light. You're probably already guessing this, but this outfit is mainly from Loft. I actually had a girl try on this entire outfit because she wanted me to give her some outfit ideas while she was shopping. She ended up passing on the outfit because it was too "crazy" for her. No offense taken. If you're like me and Hans from Frozen (you love crazy) and you'd like to shop the outfit, use the links below. The shorts are sold out online, but I've linked a pair that is the same cut. The necklace is from American Eagle many years ago, the wedges are from Payless, and the clutch is something I thrifted.

[top / shorts]

7 comments:

  1. Those shorts are so cute and the wedges are so fun! Obsessed with this outfit, it looks so cute and put together but not like it took a whole lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's my goal! Comfort that kind of looks like I tried haha.

      Delete
  2. My favorite outfit so far! I agree with the girl, not sure if it's something I could pull off, but it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's all about wearing what feels right on you. It took me a long time to feel okay mixing bright accessories with an already busy pattern on my clothes. I still have moments of, "is this cute? or am I losing my mind?" haha. Thankfully my husband always agrees that it's cute. ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit, I love the clutch and sandals. Great style for summer!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm falling more and more in love with your blog. What a perfect way to dress up shorts without making it too complicated.

    https://countrygirlcityfashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete