Monday, May 25, 2015

Tiffany McClure Series: Day 1

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are with your family, friends, or a really good book if that's what you prefer. For me, today is a good day to take a nice deep breath before plunging into my second to last week at school.
While you're at a BBQ or just chillin' poolside, you're probably looking for something good to read. Don't worry, I've got you covered!

Today is officially Day 1 of my Tiffany McClure photography session reveal! But before we talk about the photos, let's talk about the woman herself. It's back-story time!

I met Tiffany at church a few years ago. She was dating Jon; I was dating Dan. The first time I met her, she told me that she had just started being a photographer full-time because that was her passion. Being the comfort-seeking, scaredy-cat that I am when it comes to taking job risks, I thought that was really cool! We didn't see too much of each other for awhile after that, just a few hellos and goodbyes at church, but we kept in touch with each other lives via Facebook. Months passed and Dan and I became engaged. We took a friend's recommendation and hired a photographer for our engagement session. He was so talented and easy to work with that we agreed to hire him for our wedding. At one of our first meetings, he mentioned that he would like to bring in a second photographer to capture more of the girly moments of the wedding (getting our hair down, dresses photos, all the bridesmaids, etc.) and that he liked working with Tiffany McClure! We know her, yes please! And just like that, our lives overlapped once more.

Tiffany brings a certain energy with her, and somehow, having her first baby didn't take any of that energy out of her (in relation to photography at least haha). I felt it at the wedding and again for these photos! Tiffany just brings out smiles with her happy, sweet, but knows-what-she's-doing photography style. So when she contacted me via Instagram that she would like to do a photography session to share on both of our blogs, I didn't even have to think about it. I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we had a blast taking these. :)

And now let's talk outfit. What you're seeing here is a blend of comfortable and classic. The top is one of Loft's Slouchy Linen Tee's, and I promise you need at least one in your life. It's soft and comfy like a tee, but hangs and moves like a blouse. The jeans are from JCPenney's last year. I decided to dress up this simple ensemble by adding my Charles David Pact Pumps and one of my favorite Kate Spade bags.
This look is perfect for shopping, grabbing lunch with a friend, or sightseeing in a new city. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, these shoes are surprisingly comfortable.

Well friends, I hope you've enjoyed your pool-side reading! Please take the time to check out Tiffany's website and blog!

[Top: Loft / Necklace: Loft / Jeans: Similar / Shoes: Charles David / Sunglasses: Wayfarer's ]

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos you got here. I am also loving this whole look and how you dressed up a plain tee. Gorgeous necklace and gorgeous shoes! Accessories really do make an outfit :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to wear pj tops from Target as casual tees, so I'm pretty excited Loft released some that are just as comfy and slouchy lol.
      I love your blog name btw! :)
      -Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Love this whole look, especially that t-shirt and the bag! Can't wait for the rest of this shoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sammy! I'm so excited to share it! =D

      Delete
  3. I love the look! Tees and jeans are my favorite, and they look so amazing dressed up like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorite looks because it's so comfy that it feels like I'm not trying at all, but it looks like I might be hahaha.

      Delete