Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hearts

For the past few seasons, Loft has been rolling out the best prints. This top is no exception. I'm a sucker for patterns, and this heart pattern looks like polka dots from a distance which makes it double awesome. I was reminded of this skirt on Mother's day because my mom used to sew us matching dresses to wear each year on that day. While I was helping my mom move boxes and taking some stuff off her hands, she gave me a HUGE bag of baby/small child clothes that she's been saving. Among those clothes was one of the dresses she made me: a cotton-candy pink lace dress.
That dress reminded me of this skirt. A few years ago, I attended a college with a business casual dress code. I didn't have many skirts, hated trousers, and it was a time before cropped skinny pants or cute pencil skirts that weren't below my knees. My mom stepped up by letting me pick out fabric and sewing me a couple of skirts. This is one of them! Years later, I still love it. The color, the texture, the pockets, this skirt is a keeper. My mom is the best.

I do deClaire

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'm so jealous of your PRISTINE white pumps :P Coming from a girl who stained her new bag on day one of wearing it. Also, your hair looks fabulous!

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Brittney! It helps that I've only worn them twice and that I walk with complete fear of smudging them. :)

      Delete