Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Morning Rush Maxi

Is today Monday? It feels like a Monday. When I struggle to wake up and get out the door, I have a couple of back-up outfits to help. This is one of them. I actually made that maxi myself awhile ago and should probably make a few more; they're so easy. I've always described a maxi as pajamas that are publically accepted as clothes, and thank goodness for that. Can you imagine life without maxi skirts or dresses? *shudder*

Yesterday I decided to slack off and go to The Cheesecake Factory with Dan instead of rushing home to get photos done, so this morning was our only option. Ever wonder what I look like early in the morning without enough coffee? That's it. I know I say this a lot, but props to my husband for being willing to grab the camera and snap photos at a moment's notice.

What are your back-up outfits? Tell me below!

I do deClaire

6 comments:

  1. I really want a fun patterned maxi skirt or dress this summer, and this is the perfect way to style it! I really like your blog.

    https://countrygirlcityfashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you have a sewing machine (or can borrow one) and the ability to sew in a straight line, making skirts is super cheap and easy. I actually put a tutorial together awhile ago when I made this skirt and I'd be happy to share it. :) I agree that they are essential for spring and summer!

      Delete
  2. When in doubt, a maxi skirt just works, doesn't it?

    I love this simple, yet really pretty outfit!!

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, maxi skirts are totally my back-up plan haha. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried wearing chambray with a maxi skirt. It's time I should - it looks so effortlessly beautiful!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've also worn a chambray shirt that was completely button down, not half like the one above, and I knotted it at the top of the skirt. I find that look is a little more casual and just as comfy!.
      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete