Thursday, May 7, 2015

Miami (but not really)

For some reason, this outfit makes me think of Miami. Blame the bright blues in the dress, or the white blazer, or maybe just the salty fresh air I was inhaling in these photos, but I have Miami on my mind. I grew up on the other side of Florida, so I've only been there a few times, and even then only parts of it. So I guess what I'm admitting is that I don't know Miami well enough to know if my feelings are accurate. On the other hand, I see other people claiming to dress Parisian when not in Paris or vintage when not in the past (a stretch, I know) so I feel like I can say this is Miami-esque. Thank you very much.

Dan and I had a lot of fun playing with the light in these photos. Initially I had wanted the water in the background, or at least the docks with pretty white boats, but the lighting was just too tricky. In the end, we're still amateurs when it comes to photography. And if you're wondering why I'm holding the blazer in four photos, it's not a new trend, it was just really windy. I'm not into the blazer-flying-open look.

Mix & Match Fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment