Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Black and White

I can't believe it's already Wednesday! This week has been a little crazy. As I've mentioned, I'm currently working two jobs, and something you don't know yet is that Dan is beginning a new career. So basically we are both running around all day, stressed like crazy, and not getting our normal stuff done. My preferred "normal" is to get home from work, do some sort of cleaning so that it doesn't get away from me, make dinner, get photos for the day, and then watch TV with Dan (which is currently all seasons of Friends). Lately it's been more like get home from work, make whatever food I can find in our house, run out the door again, get home and crawl into bed. Luckily I had yesterday off from Loft so I was able to do the dishes. Then Dan got home from work and swept the floors -- he's the best -- so life is feeling right again. Isn't it funny how the smallest chores can make everything seem better? Just having empty sinks and clean floors elevates my mood right away. Then, after dinner, we ran out to get these photos.

This Loft skirt is the same one I have in that lovely bright yellow color. They are both my favorite skirts right now! They're bright, happy, and versatile. When I styled this skirt, I was in the mood for elegant simplicity, so I kept the accessories to a minimum. For the first time ever, I had Dan shoot in total manual mode. Before we were playing around with AV mode where aperture is the key focus. I've been researching photography, so I set the camera and Dan adjusted it based on what he was seeing in our photos. Then, when we got home, I downloaded Lightroom so that I can get more professional with my editing. If there's something you see in my photos that I can work on and you have some constructive criticism, I welcome it! I'm not a model or a photographer (my passion is writing and clothing) so I definitely don't take offense when people suggest how I can improve my photos.

Have a great day and remember, it's kind of almost Friday!

Shopping My Closet

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful, and I love those white shoes with this outfit!
    Sincerely, Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennie! These Charles David "Pact" pumps are my new favorite. They're strangely comfortable too haha. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I noticed a definite difference in picture quality- lovely. And I'm in love with those pumps! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was hoping that would be the effect haha.

      Delete