Monday, June 1, 2015

An Unfortunate Soundtrack

There's a lot going on in these photos that you can't see, so let's take a second and imagine some tasty little details. Dan and I found this awesome road that dead ends at the bay, so we figured it would be a nice place to take pictures. Upon pulling up, we discovered that the parking lot off to the side (to my left in these pictures) was not as empty as it had looked from a distance. Parked all the way on the far side were a few cars with their doors open and teenagers spilling out. Some were sitting around on skateboards, others were sitting in the car. A few quick glances verified that none of them were my students, so we decided to stay. We wouldn't bother them, and they wouldn't bother us, right? So we got out, grabbed the camera, and starting shooting some photos. Just a few seconds later, our teenage buddies started blasting some of the most disgusting rap I have heard in my entire life. I don't hate rap altogether, but the lyrics were the type that make me physically cringe and wonder if it could even be more graphic. We wrapped up pretty quickly and went home. *eye roll* Youths.

When we got home, I scrolled through the images we had gotten, and low-and-behold I was cringing in a good deal of them lol. My face pretty much always shows my feels, which gets me in trouble sometimes, and I definitely didn't hide my disgust for the music. So now as you look at these photos, you can imagine the whole scene and hopefully have a nice chuckle. :)

This outfit is a mix of old and new. The shorts and vest are current and from Target, and the top is last year from Francesca's. As you can tell, the sleeves have cutouts leaving the shoulders pretty bare. To make the look a little more comfy and less predictable, I added the denim vest which is one of my favorite ways to layer.

Happy Monday everyone, and may your week feel nice and short.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! You look adorable but I can totally see the "you've got to be kidding me...." look ;) Love that you added the vest... very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I tried so hard to hide it! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. haha yes! I can see it in the last picture! :D Love your outfit girl!

    ReplyDelete