Monday, June 15, 2015

Let's Shop!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Saturday evening, Dan and I had some friends over to watch the hockey game (Go Bolts, even though you lost). I love playing hostess so I went all out with staging the bar cart with flowers and pretty glasses, putting candles all throughout our house, and freezing fruit to make the sangria extra cold. My friends were the ones who really shone bright though when it came to food. I went to the bakery and bought donuts, but they made delicious appetizers like Buffalo Chicken Dip, Jalapeno poppers, and Cannoli Dessert Dip. So good!

These light blue shorts and pleated top are what I wore. I've had my eyes on these shorts since we got them at Loft; I just love the color! I wasn't sure what to wear with them, but knew I wanted to dress them up a little. Even though this Target shirt and sandals are simple, I feel like they made the statement I was looking to make. Sometimes simple is better!

The rest of my weekend ended up dedicated to a new project. I've been trying to downsize my closet as you read about a few posts ago, but local secondhand boutiques aren't buying as much as they used to. Although I love to donate clothes, I also like to get a little money back on things that I only recently bought that are still current and in good condition. That's when I heard about Poshmark, a way to buy and sell clothes and accessories. It's a (highly addictive) app you can download for free and then use however you wish: to buy or sell. I opened my account on Thursday and I've already sold two dresses! If you like my style and want to check me out, you can look me up at @shopccr or follow this link. I'll be featuring a few items here that are for sale on Poshmark, but I want to make one thing very clear. I will never use my employee discount at Loft to buy items to resell as that is unethical and illegal. A pair of these shorts are for sale and they were purchased at a great price, but that price did not involve any special discounts that I receive because I work for Loft. Cool? Cool.

Have a wonderful rest of your Monday and I'll see you tomorrow. :)


This post can be viewed from Mix It Mondays! Go see what other cool posts are being shared. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is a perfect Summer look. I love the top and your mini bag!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for hosting the link-up! :)

      Delete
  2. I use Poshmark too! It's frustrating though because I'll sell some stuff, and then there will be a lull, and then I'll add more and make some sales...and the cycle repeats. And I'm sick of these bags of clothes I don't want sitting in my apartment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! What's your username? I'll look you up :) haha I know what you mean. I can't quite figure out why some things sell so quickly and others don't.

      Delete