Monday, June 22, 2015

Lily Maxi Dress

>

Most often, when I find myself looking at dresses, I am only attracted to the ones I can wear to work (teacher, not shop girl). This dress isn't one of them. It's strappy and low-cut (for me) so I'd never wear it to school. That's the reason why I kept passing by it and talking myself out of it for about a month even though it kept calling my name. Then it went on sale. I figured that I might as well try it on just to see how it looked. Couldn't hurt anything, right? And that's when I realized I love this dress. It won't work for school, but for weekends, baby showers (I have quite a few pregnant friends), wedding showers, and basically any day I don't feel like wearing pants, this dress is an easy option. And since I donated my older blue maxi it's a win-win!

This weekend was almost a bust. I'm weird and when I spend my entire day at home I get pretty grouchy and feel like I'm wasting my time. I worked on Saturday and then went to a movie with Dan and my little brother for his birthday, but then on Sunday we had no plans after church. After three hours of sitting at home flipping channels, my frustration mounted and I decided that we had to get out, even if only for an hour. You know that feeling of wanting to do something but not really wanting to change out of pajamas or put on makeup? That's the story of my life. So we went to the pool...and it was worth every ounce of energy it took to move from the couch! We didn't really "do" much, but just getting outside and spending time together not staring at a TV is all I really needed.

[ The Dress / The Shoes ]

This post is being linked up with Fizz & Frosting for her Mix It Mondays and with Pumps and Push-ups on Shoe and Tell!

3 comments:

  1. I always feel annoyed after spending too much time at home! I usually head to Target or somewhere to look at plants (which inevitably ends with me coming home with something random to grow).

    Also- I absolutely feel you about school clothes! I have a really hard time spending any kind of money on clothes I can't wear to work. Luckily summer staples like cut-offs and tanks can be easily found thrifting. But then I always get to summer and long for dreamy summer pieces like that dress! Seriously so lovely.

    Kate
    kateintheclassroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress! I am totally in love with the print and the back... I would wear this with some flats though :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress! The print, colors, length, and back are perfect!

    ReplyDelete