Thursday, June 18, 2015

Seeing Stripes

I know I'm very late on the post today, but it's mainly because I didn't see the need to change out of sweatpants until this evening. That's not to say I haven't been busy! I added a bunch of stuff to my Poshmark store (@shopccr), cleaned the house, e-mailed some blog affiliates (coming soon!), and basically just knocked stuff off my to-do list.

Yesterday I spent the day with my mom which is why I didn't post. I mentioned awhile back that she was moving, but what I failed to mention because I didn't want to spill her news, is that she got married! For those of you who don't know me in person, my dad died of cancer 9 years ago. Mom went back to college, got her degree with honors, became a teacher, and then two years ago began dating a great guy who she just married. I couldn't be happier for her! Now we have the fun time of combining their homes and doing a bit of redecorating. Shopping is what my mom and I do best, so we made a stop at Marshalls while we were out. I've had in my head that I wanted a striped tshirt style dress for a while, but so many of them are thin fabric that feels too exposing. This dress, which I picked up at Marshalls, is by French Connection. What I love about it is the quality of the fabric and the thin shoulder pads that add a slight bit of definition. I think this dress will be getting a lot of use!

Mix & Match Fashion

4 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous! I am loving this look so much :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress! And you paired it with the perfect accessories! And how exciting for your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes :) she is amazing and I'm so happy for her! :D

      Delete