Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Go-To Summer Dress

My post title pretty much says it all, but I'll say more anyways. I bought this dress from Target on a whim two or three summers ago. I was going to use it as a bathing suit cover-up and nothing more. But then I realize it's the ease of a tank top that doesn't require shorts and it became a repeat piece. What I love about this type of dress is that it matches whatever style you put with it. I've worn it with wedges and a colorful clutch and suddenly it feels girly. Or, as I did in this look, it pairs with Toms and sunglasses and suddenly looks like I'm ready to explore the town.

Today is the first day of a three day teacher training I have to attend. Although I have no been looking forward to it, training so far has not been bad. Our keynote speaker is realistic about things like testing and the importance (sarcasm here) of having the agenda on the board every day, so he's easy to listen to. One of my favorite parts of summer is being able to reflect over the school year, let it go, and begin planning for the next year. It's a good time to really get creative and take risks because once you're bogged down in grading and unrealistic expectations, it's hard to do that. Hopefully the second half of training will continue to be inspiring!

Although this dress is no longer at Target, I've linked to a few similar dresses below.

Middle Ground / Steal / Splurge / Loft

Catch this post and others like it at Confident Twosday, Sweet Little Ones, and Style Sessions.

1 comment: