Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Tie the Knot

Let's be honest. It's summer and I'm a teacher, so I'm not really getting dressed most days. I wake up, shower, and put on another pair of pajamas. That's probably why when I shopped the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual sale I came home with two pairs of sweatpants and nothing sexy (a girl who is comfortable is the most sexy of all, right?). So when I do have to get dressed, say to grocery shop or interact with other humans, I find myself leaning toward my most comfortable clothing items. That's why I have to love this dress: it's a multi-tasker. When I'm feeling glamorous, it goes fancy. When I don't want to put on real clothes but have too much pride to shop in pjs, it chills out.

Don't believe me? Go back to this post. Same dress, totally different feel!

Tying a knot in maxi or midi dresses is one of my favorite tricks to create a new vibe with an old piece. A knot in anything, be it a button-down top or a skirt, adds a feeling of "I just threw this together and it works." Add a scarf and call it a day. The fact that it's almost as comfy as my new sweatpants is just an added bonus.

Total side note, the lady who does my nails (who is awesome!) threw me some shade for putting purple on my toes and blue on my fingers. There's no rule saying that looks tacky, right? I like both colors. Why not?

Like what you see? The dress is currently on sale. You're welcome. ;)

You can find this post and others like it at Shopping My Closet and The Miller Affect.

10 comments:

  1. My fingernails and toenails are always different colors! I don't think there are any rules, and I like the colors you picked. And I also love this outfit! I attempted knotting a button-up and I just didn't know where to start and gave up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't think different colors was uncommon lol. Knotting stuff is totally hit or miss. I find that over-sized items are much easier to work with :)

      Delete
  2. Love this look! Your hair is also adorable, may need to try that braid soon!

    xo Jessica
    www.mystylevita.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a completely messy french fishtail braid :)

      Delete
  3. such a chic summer outfit! love this look on you :)

    stop by and chat with me :) http://storybookapothecary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely head over to your site. :)

      Delete
  4. I love your About me section in the side bar!

    Love this look. Effortlessly cool.

    felizcyntia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's nice to know that people read it. :)

      Delete
  5. this look is so cute! i use the knot trick to change up outfits too.
    ps. - LOVE the name of your blog. it's me in a nutshell.
    -c.

    The Block is Haute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm glad you can relate! Coffee and clothes are definitely a daily routine ;)

      Delete