Thursday, June 25, 2015

Sunset and Shorts

When I envisioned this outfit, I knew I had to get photos at sunset. This was not only idealistic (sunsets are beautiful after all) but was also practical. I don't care how open and light the sweater is; wearing a sweater in Florida in June is HOT. Only at sunset, it wasn't. When trying to catch a good sunset in Florida, there's only one place to go: the beach. So after dinner, Dan and I took a drive and spent a little time enjoying the fresh air and summery vibes. I only wish the camera could have captured the beautiful colors in the sky a little better. It really was breathtaking!

These shorts are from the Lou & Grey line and I'm crazy about the color. They just scream beach and summer and all the things I love. I've paired them with a simple navy button down, but I have a soft spot in my heart for a good sweater. I'm a person of extremes when it comes to feeling temperature. I'm either freezing or sweating, and unless I'm outside, I tend to be ice-cold. That's why sweaters and I go together like coffee and mornings. This top, while looking all chunky and warm, is actually a very light sweater. The open knit texture allows air to pass through, so as soon as the sun began to drop, even though it was probably still 89 degrees out, I was glad for the sweater.

This weekend, I'll be taking off to visit a very special friend of mine, Briana. She and I have been close since we were teenagers and she was the maid of honor in my wedding. Now she is expecting a precious baby boy and I'm excited to go celebrate with her! In tomorrow's post, I'll be sharing some of my tips for packing for a weekend trip, and more importantly, what I've learned not to do. I won't be back on the blog until Tuesday or Wednesday next week, but I'd love for you to check out my Instagram feed if you'd like to stay in touch and share my adventures.

2 comments:

  1. I love lightweight sweaters for summer! Those shorts are soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't get enough of these shorts haha and they are SO comfy! :)

      Delete