Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Mosaic Print Tunic

The first time I saw this dress was when someone returned an XS Petite to our store. Knowing full well that I am not that size, I tried it on anyways to torture myself. So close. Just close enough to make me fall in love. I believe I've already sung the praises of the shift dress on the blog before, and my feelings for the tunic are pretty much the same. Others may call it "boxy" or "shapeless" but I'm a fan of anything with the comfort of a mumu that is meant to be worn in public. And get a load of this print! This dress is an online exclusive (currently sold out) but totally worth the wait. Plus, who doesn't love getting mail other than bills?

Imagine a smooth transition to a new topic here. Thank you. Over the weekend I finally picked up a copy of Cupcakes and Cashmere: At Home. I'm predisposed to liking anything she writes or does anyways, but I think Emily did an amazing job with this book. The book is organized by room and has plenty of gorgeous illustrations and useful tips for making a house a home. One of my favorite features is that at the end of each section, Emily gives her suggestions for making decor updates for renters and homeowners. I think that is a very thoughtful addition because, as a current renter, some suggestions like wallpapering an entry way just isn't practical for me. This book, and my own perfectionist-obsessive-list-making-craziness, has led to a full-scale attack on anything in my home that doesn't make me smile. Since buying the book I have moved a mirror, hung a new picture (actually a very old picture my grandmother painted), and reorganized our bookshelf for the millionth time. What inspires you to touch up your living space?

You can find this post on Confident Twosday and Style Sessions.

17 comments:

  1. LOVE this dress! The band at the bottom is amazing. And I love how simple accessories work with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love a one-piece-wonder. All the work is done for me haha!

      Delete
  2. Love the dress and shoes! Your style is amazing!

    -Ruya
    sweetshortandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a tunic like this in my life!!! Looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! lol you really do; everyone does! It's possibly the easiest little outfit EVER and I think it'll be fun to layer in colder months.

      Delete
  4. So cute! So in love this this dress! The print is so pretty and perfect for Sunmer!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles
    

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you can understand why I had to order it haha.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The print is what reeled me in too haha thanks!

      Delete
  6. I love this top/dress, what a great summer piece!

    Kate
    kateintheclassroom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Seeing as how I've worn it two days in a row (half days really..so not gross, right?) I have a feeling it will be a summer staple for me. :)

      Delete
  7. This is too pretty! I love the print and the colors at the bottom are gorgeous! Loving it with your sandals. Such a pretty look and such a great find! Especially how lucky you were with the return!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized how unclear I was lol. The return is what made me fall in love, but I still had to order the dress. I couldn't move my arms in the XS Petite haha. Thank you though! I'm all about the ease of dresses and sandals :)

      Delete
  8. Love this tunic and your clutch! I love your photos too, so gorgeous :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I neeeeed this dress!!
    I love the print and cut.. looks extremely comfy and airy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look very adorable and attractive in your printed tunic. I too love to wear a tunic like yours as it looks loose and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete