Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Starbucks Memories

This dress has been a favorite of mine since I bought it last year. It is soft, easy to throw on, and versatile. I'm not sure why, but this outfit reminds me of something I'd wear to go study at Starbucks while I was in college. Yup, I was one of those students. I'd pack up my laptop, headphones, three or four textbooks that for some reason were not digital, notebooks, a million pens, and then I'd buy an iced coffee and get at least one refill. I may or may not have also had snacks in my purse. Of course, if I were really going to Starbucks I'd need a coat and socks. Why is that place always so cold? I've been thinking of my favorite Starbucks a lot lately because one of my best friends from college is coming to visit this weekend! That's what I love about summer. It's the perfect time to reconnect with dear friends who just happened to move away after college. Why guys? I stayed here.

Also, for the record, your eyes are not deceiving you. This is the third time I've worn this necklace from The Shopping Bag in a week. And that's only on camera. When I find something I love, I wear it until it falls apart! Which won't actually happen because it's so well-made. ;)

Today I've linked up with Confident Twosday and Garay Treasures. Visit their pages for this post and others like it!

16 comments:

  1. When I first read the post title I thought this had the potential to be something really absurd, but it was actually sweet :) I used to go study at a Starbucks off campus in college with my best friend and we would also hit up the iced coffees with refills while studying our brains out. (Completely different subjects, mind you. I was always writing about some horrible thing that happened to a persecuted group in history and she had her nose in an Organic Chemistry book)

    Still loving that necklace!

    Xoxo,
    Shian | The Fashion Investigator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah your comment cracks me up! Yup, I try to go for that "might be absurd, might be cute" writing. ;)
      lol come to think of it, I never studied with a friend of the same major either. It's more fun that way!

      Delete
  2. Studying at Starbucks was THE BEST! The library was too intense and it was too easy to get distracted in my house/dorm...plus you get to treat yourself to a drink or pastry at Starbucks! This makes me want to go to Starbucks to do some blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do it! An online, Starbucks, writing posts party. It would be a huge hit!

      Delete
  3. Seriously, I could never get any studying done when I was freezing my bootie off in Starbucks or the library. I'd have to bring a blanket! Then I'd be doomed and probably fall asleep....
    I love this outfit and the necklace looks so good with it!

    Penn&Quill || Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure why they have to keep those places so cold lol. It's like they're saying "don't get too comfy! stay too long and you freeze." :)

      Delete
  4. Ah what a lovely post and a gorgeous outfit. Brings back many happy memories of tackling assignments with caffeine, great mood music, and artic temperatures haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thank you friend. Can't wait to see you!!

      Delete
  5. Your blog is such a pleasure to read! Great photography and classic outfits. Perhaps the biggest drawback about where I hope to go to college is that there are no Starbucks' anywhere near. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Rebecca! Hopefully no Starbucks means lots of cute local coffee shops. :)

      Delete
  6. You had me at Starbucks and clothes and I knew I needed to pop by as I LOVE both! . I am visiting from Confident Twosday and love your style. I went to Starbucks and a local coffee shop once and sometimes twice a day in college too and I liked wearing comfortable dresses as well. I will have to follow your blog. It is nice to meet you. I would love to invite you to link up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me," which is now LIVE on my blog.
    Rachel xo
    Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me link up is now LIVE, link up here

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! I'm really glad you stopped by! and thanks for the invitation! I'll head over there right now. :)

      Delete
  7. This outfit is lovely! The dress is the star for sure, but love the layered necklace and your flats too :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I just found your blog via Pinterest! I love these shoes, where are they from??
    Would love if you checked out my blog!
    thanks,
    Kim
    kapinney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kimberly! That's awesome :) it's nice to know people see my pins! I would love to check out your blog! I'll head over there :)

      Delete
    2. Target lol I forgot to mention the shoes are from target.

      Delete